OA Troop Representative
Job Description, Duties and Qualifications
OA Troop Representative Job Description:
An Order of the Arrow Troop Representative is a youth liaison
serving between the local Order of the Arrow lodge or
chapter and his troop.
In his troop, he serves as a communication and programmatic
link to the Arrowman and adult leaders and Scouts who
not presently members of the Order. He does this in a fashion
that strengthens the mission of the lodge and purpose
the Order. By setting a good example, he enhances the image
of the Order as a service arm to his troop.
OA Troop Representative Duties:
OA Troop Representative Qualifications:
- Serves as a communication link between the lodge or chapter and the troop.
- Encourages year round and resident camping in the troop.
- Encourages older Scout participation in high adventure
- Encourages Scouts to actively participate in community
- Assists with leadership skills training in the troop.
- Encourages Arrowmen to assume leadership positions in the troop.
- Encourages Arrowmen in the troop to be active participants
in the lodge and/or chapter activities and to seal their membership
in the Order by becoming Brotherhood members.
- Sets a good example
- Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
- Lives by the Scout Oath, Scout Law and OA Obligation
- Shows Scout spirit
OA Troop Representative Reports To:
- Under 18 years old
- Appointed by SPL with ScoutMaster approval
- Order of the Arrow Member in good standing (dues
*Note: You must have
registered member of scouting to be long to Order of the
- Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
- Natisihi Chapter